- 1 large packet of Baby Spinach or fresh Spinach with veins removed
- 2 Garlic cloves
- 1 Onion
- Olive oil and Butter
- Salt and Pepper
- Light a Cobblestone and wait a few minutes until it has turned grey.
- Chop the onion finely and crush the garlic.
- Place the pan onto the Cobb and close the lid for 5-10 minutes.
- Add a good glug of oil and about a tablespoon of butter, let the butter melt and add the chopped onion. Close the lid and let it cook for 5 minutes with the lid closed and then remove the lid.
- Sauté the onions until they start to soften and then add the garlic, stir and let the mixture caramelise – about 20 minutes.
- When the onions are ready, add the spinach and season with salt and pepper.
- Place the lid on for 2 minutes and then remove – the spinach will have wilted almost completely.
- Stir it all together for a minute or 2 and it’s ready (you can add a further knob of butter for a bit of extra richness).
- Serve immediately as a side dish.
Recipe Compliments of Cobb Global