- 2 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Ground Black Pepper
- ½ tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 1 tsp Thyme
- 1 tsp Oregano
- ½ tsp Basil
- 1 pound fresh Prawns (Shrimp), peeled and deveined
- 2 large Tomatoes, sliced
- bunch of leaf Lettuce
- 1/3 cup Mayonnaise
- 1 ½ tblsp Sweet Relish
- 4 Buns, sliced horizontally
- Make the Cajun seasoning by mixing together the paprika, salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper, onion powder, thyme, oregano and basil. Set aside.
- Make the cajun mayo by mixing together the mayonnaise, relish and 1 teaspoon of the Cajun seasoning.
- Set the Bradley Smoker to 106°C (225°F) using Wood Bisquettes of choice (Alder, Apple, and Pacific Blend work great).
- Toss the Prawns/Shrimp in the remaining Cajun Seasoning and place on a smoker rack and smoke until they turn pink. This can take 30-45 minutes, depending on their size.
- Assemble the Subs by spreading some of the cajun mayo in each bun and top with Prawns, tomatoes and lettuce.
- Serve and enjoy!
Note: The Prawns/Shrimp in this recipe can easily be grilled instead of being smoked.
Heat grill to high heat. Toss the Prawns/Shrimp in the Cajun seasoning. Place the shrimp on the grill grate and cook for about 3 minutes. Flip and cook another 3 minutes or until done.
Compliments of Bradley USA