Makes 12 Fritters
- 1 can Creamed Sweetcorn
- ½ cup Self-raising Flour
- 1 packet Streaky Bacon
- Honey or Maple Syrup
- Oil for cooking
- Light a CobbleStone and wait a few minutes until it has turned grey.
- Place the Frying Pan on the Cobb Cooker and leave it for at least 5 minutes until it has heated up.
- Combine the sweetcorn and flour in a bowl and season with a pinch of salt.
- Drizzle a little oil into the Frying Pan and cook the bacon until crispy – about 20 minutes. Cover with foil and set aside.
- Spoon the batter onto the Frying Pan with the lovely bacon fat in it. Each fritter should be a heaped tablespoon and make sure to spread them a little to cook evenly.
- Let them brown on one side before you turn them. Bubbles should come up through the fritter and then you know it is time to turn (about 8-10 minutes a side).
- On turning, press them down in the centre for even cooking.
- When they are done, plate them with the crispy bacon, drizzle with honey or maple syrup and enjoy.
Recipe Compliments of Cobb Global