- 15ml Dried Yeast
- Pinch of Sugar
- 450ml Warm Water
- 750g strong White/Bread Flour
- 2 tsp Salt
- 75ml Olive Oil
- Dissolve the yeast and sugar in half the warm water.
- Leave for 10 minutes.
- Mix the flour and salt and pour in the yeast and olive oil.
- Add the rest of the water and knead, then allow to rise to double in size, in a covered bowl rubbed with olive oil.
- Fresh Basil, chopped
- Sundried Tomatoes
- Tomato Paste
- Green Olives
- Chili Flakes
- Olive Oil
- Roll the dough out to fit onto pizza stone, making sure that the dough is not more than 1/2 cm thick.
- Spread the tomato paste onto the dough and add the toppings
- Prepare your Cobblestone in your COBB
- Once your Cobblestones is ready, place grill grid and fenced rack on the inner sleeve
- Place pizza stone inside the fenced roast rack and ensure the 4 legs are resting on a ring
- Close the cover dome and heat up your pizza stone for a minimum of 15mins
- You are now ready to bake delicious, crispy-base pizza
- Place pizza directly on pizza stone surface and close the cover dome. Depending on thickness of base your pizza should be ready within 15mins
Recipe compliments of Cobb South Africa