- Thick slices of French-Toast friendly Bread
(French, Italian, challah or whatever your favorite bread for French toast is, just so long as you can cut thick slices)
- Cream Bheese frosting OR cream cheese softened to room temperature and mixed with a bit of vanilla extract, powdered sugar and milk (if needed), to taste
- Thinly sliced Bananas
- Eggs (about 1 egg per every 2 slices)
- Dash of Milk
- Dash of Vanilla Extract (more dashes for more eggs)
- Prepare Cobb Cooker and light the cobblestone and once it is grey place the Frying Pan in place. (Don’t forget to use an oil based spray on the frying pan to prevent sticking)
- Put the dome over the top and leave to heat for 5 minutes.
- Whisk together eggs, milk and vanilla extract and set aside.
- Cutting halfway down the slice, cut a pocket into each thick slice of bread. As you pull the knife through the final time, when the tip enters the slice, angle it down so that you can make the pocket a little deeper inside the slice without cutting the edges of the pocket any further down than half way.
- Spread a thick-ish layer of cream cheese frosting or sweetened cream cheese inside the pocket, then add a layer of bananas.
- Dip stuffed slices as usual in the egg mixture and cook over medium heat on the stove until both sides are golden brown. Serve with butter and a sprinkle of powdered sugar. (You will not need any other sweeteners!)
Recipe Compliments of Cobb Global