• 1 kg (2 lb) boneless turkey breast
• 500 ml (2 c) sliced fresh mushrooms
• 3 green onions, finely chopped
• 1 medium carrot, finely chopped
• 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
• 30 ml (2 tbsp) butter
• salt, pepper and poultry seasoning to taste
• 15 ml (1 tbsp) fresh lemon juice
• 2 slices bread, cubed
• 1 medium tomato, seeded and diced
Butterfly the turkey breast and pound with a mallet. Sauté mushrooms, onions, carrot and celery in the butter. Add the seasonings and lemon juice. In a small bowl, mix together bread, tomatoes and sautéed vegetables. Spread over the ‘butterflied’ meat. Rub skin with additional lemon juice.
Preheat the Bradley Smoker to 90°C to 100°C (190°F to 220°F). Place turkey roll on an oiled rack in the upper half of the Bradley Smoker. Smoke cook using Special Blend flavour bisquettes for 5 to 6 hours or until an instant thermometer reads 70°C (160°F). Cooking times will vary depending on wind and weather conditions.
Stuffed Turkey Roll makes a great buffet or picnic item since guests can help themselves to slices!